Subacute Nurse (RN or BSN) ($500 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
What you need
- Graduate from an accredited LPN, RN or BSN
- Licensed in the state of Iowa
- At least 1 year of experience working with mental illness patients
- Valid driver license and ability to meet agency driving requirements
- Provide health care services in a residential facility for adults with mental illness.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training
- Current BCLS (CPR/1st Aid) certification
- Training in Mandt, Trauma Informed Care, Human Trafficking, and Mental Health First Aid
- Serves as a primary worker for clients
- Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills
- Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter
- Administers and documents medications
- Arranges for coverage on the floor when staff calls off
- Knows agency’s policy and procedures in case of emergencies
I enjoy my job because each day challenges me to be empathetic, understanding, compassionate, and is consistently driving me to improve my communications skills. This allows me to help others while also allowing me to grow as a person. -Current Subacute/Crisis Nurse
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process. EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled