Crescent Electric Supply Company was founded by Titus B. Schmid in Dubuque, Iowa in 1919. Today we have grown with 126 locations throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. Our Corporate headquarters is located in East Dubuque, IL.
Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees and seeking long-term growth through total customer satisfaction. Our customers are the contractors, manufacturers, industrial facilities, building owners, and utilities that create electricity, install electrical systems, or use it in their buildings. Take a look at Crescent Electric Supply and you will see an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic industry. If that sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Co., visit our web site at www.cesco.com.
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States with over 140 locations in 28 states, operating under the brands of Crescent Electric Supply, Stoneway Electric Supply and Interstate Electric Supply in the Pacific Northwest, and BA Supply in Missouri. Crescent Electric supplies electrical and datacomm products from over 1000 manufacturers to electrical contractors for construction, industrial MRO and OEM accounts, and commercial facilities. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value-added services.
**This person will work approximately 20 hours per week.
- Create and implement ad-hoc reports as requested by writing SQL queries and manipulating data in Excel or by using our Business Intelligence tool Phocas to create dashboards, reports, and alerts.
- Assist with marketing promotions by creating reports to track the promo, analyze the success of the promo and calculate the ROI of the promo.
- Create tables, views and stored procedures in SQL Databases. Along with performing basic maintenance on our SQL Databases to maintain existing tables, views and stored procedures.
- Respond to support requests submitted to the Business Intelligence team, by letting Crescent Electric employees know the status of their request and also collecting information needed to help complete the request
- An openness to learning to write SQL code. Candidates will be taught how to write queries to databases. Prior experience with SQL will be considered a strong plus, but is not required. Candidates will be qualified as long as they have had a small exposure to programming in any language.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills will be required, specifically advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with pivot tables or the VLOOKUP function will be a strong plus, but are not required.
- A basic business background and familiarity with business terminology and metrics. Ideal candidate will have an interest in learning about the electrical distribution industry and about how business-to-business sales work.
- Experience working with or learning about databases is preferred, but not required.
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self-starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university. Junior or Senior preferred, sophomores should still apply.
Competitive Benefit Package:
This is a part-time position, therefore is not eligible for benefits.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/1ijPb32 to be directed to our Youtube playlist. Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
|Years of Experience||--|