Clerk IV - County Assessor's OfficeDubuque County, Dubuque, IA
The Dubuque County Courthouse was built in 1891. The Courthouse serves as the center of County Government offices, and is a dominant landmark in the downtown Dubuque area. It is located at 720 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
For Dubuque County positions, including Sunnycrest Manor you need to complete and company application and return it to Iowa Workforce Development, 680 Main St, 2nd Floor, Dubuque, Iowa, 52001. No applications will be accepted at the courthouse.
Dubuque County is looking for a Clerk IV in the County Assessor's office. This individual will perform complex clerical work; may be assigned independent responsibility for a specific office function; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of a senior staff member. Limited supervision may be exercised over subordinate clerical personnel.
- May maintain complex data and records a wide variety of materials of an important nature.
- Updates data and records.
- Assists in the preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- May answer incoming telephone lines, screen calls, take messages and route calls to appropriate staff or office.
- Operates office and data entry equipment.
- May be required to receive and sort mail.
- May assist the public with exemption applications, assessment information, and plat map
- Assists appraiser in property listing.
- Performs any other related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of standard office methods and procedures, Business English, Spelling and Business Mathematics and Office Management; considerable knowledge of departmental programs, policies and procedures; ability to interpret procedures and regulations independently; ability to perform a considerable volume of detailed record work; ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of subordinates; ability to work independently and exercise judgment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other associates, subordinates and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required with emphasis on commercial subjects; i.e., data processing, typing, and office procedures. Experience in general clerical work involving contact with the public is necessary. May require experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. on 11/16/17. Must complete an application which can be obtained from and returned to the Dubuque County Assessor's Office.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|