PlannerHirschbach Motor Lines, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The Planner ensures freight ships in accordance with customer and carrier specifications while keeping the drivers’ best interests in mind. In order to successfully match trucks and freight, the Planner monitors trucks, system freight, and total balance to meet operational needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning trucks to optimize driver and equipment utilization and to minimize empty miles.
- Pre-planning freight to meet pick-up and delivery deadlines.
- Working closely with Customer Service and Driver Managers to provide continuous freight to assigned drivers.
- Check-calling, relaying, and re-powering all assigned driver freight to customer- and carrier-agreed specifications.
- Maintaining positive customer, operator and carrier relations.
- Regularly reviewing the progress of each shipment assigned to their drivers to answer questions, act upon decisions, and resolve problems.
- Working with Driver Managers to coordinate drivers’ scheduled home time, vacation, down time, current status, and predicted time available.
- Creating a positive work environment for operators, customers and internal employees.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year operational experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written, with owner operators, other departments and management personnel.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Full understanding of company dispatch philosophies and procedures.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Able to persuade and cooperate with co-workers, keeping “customer satisfaction and driver satisfaction” as guidelines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous experience using AS-400 computer software, Match, Netgraph, the internet, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face in clear, correct, and effective English.
The successful candidates must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations associated with this position. In addition, the successful candidate should be able to define problems, collect data, and establish facts to assist with drawing a valid conclusion. This candidate should be able to work under minimal supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|