Part-Time Admission Support SpecialistLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Supports essential admission operation functions, including: application processing, data imports, data entry, event and visit management, budget tracking, communication processes and administrative needs.
- Works closely with the CRM Manager and the admission representatives, providing administrative support concerning the status of applicant files.
- Collaborates with different campus constituencies concerning student admission records.
- Responsible for some manual data entry and corresponding data cleanup.
- Provides phone and front desk coverage to the admission visit office at regular times through the week
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a busy team environment.
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with rapidly changing priorities.
- Previous experience in admission and/or application processes strongly preferred.
- Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge and experience with relational databases and student information systems.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|