Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: Provides supervision of the facility and residents on the overnight shift.The Night Attendant is charged with monitoring and supervision, and provision of a supportive environment for residents.
- An Associates degree in related human service field is preferred.
- Experience working with adults who have chronic mental illness is preferred.
- Eligible agency driver preferred.
- Must successfully complete criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and pre-employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter. .
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training must be completed within 6 months of hire (for all staff) and every 5 years thereafter (for client care staff).
- Full time staff are required to be trained on the following items with 30 days of hire (90 days for part time). Member rights; rights, restrictions and limitations; member confidentiality; provision of member medication (policy training within 30 days; and "hands on" training per policy); individual support needs; behavior intervention plans, and incident reporting. Staff serving clients with brain injury must also receive training on that topic prior to service provision to members.
1. Provides supervision, guidance and a supportive environment to ensure a a safe and welcome living environment for residents.
2. Teaches the necessary problem solving and independent living skills to residents.
3. Completes progress notes in client records as required.
4. Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
5. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner and promptly notifies Program Manager or designee of any major incidents.
6. Communicates with the program staff concerning client situations.
7. Attends and actively participate in team meetings.
8. Immediately corrects any safety hazards and/or reports them to Program Coordinator or maintenance as appropriate.
9. Assist in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and home maintenance as assigned.
10. Is available for shift coverage and crisis resolution as needed.
11. Provides on call coverage for crisis situation as needed. To respond appropriately to crisis situations.
12. Handles additional responsibilities, as assigned, for all clients. Assumes all other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|