Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility ready to break ground with an expansion to better meet the needs of the patients we serve in our service area. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
The RN provides direct nursing care for individual guest in reference to the comprehensive nursing plan of care including common, well-defined nursing diagnoses and collaborative practice while in the perioperative/outpatient setting. The RN uses basic communication skills to enhance guests’ expression of needs and evaluate guest response to implemented nursing care. The RN organizes, within the specified work period, those aspects of care for which he/she is accountable, and coordinates guest care with other health care partners. Is a resource person and teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain steady level of productivity. Is a self-starter. Is compatible and supportive; and a team player. Communicates on behalf of the patient and reflects the mission ethics and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the department.
1. Assist in the Operating Room
- Preparing the room and instruments, practice aseptic technique, sponge, instrument and sharps count, surgical scrub, gowning and gloving, setting up and maintaining a sterile field
- Patient positioning and prep, draping, suction, power equipment, electrical or mechanical equipment, documentation, use of communication devices, handling of blood/bodily fluids, administration of medication, function in urgent/emergent situations, preparation/application of dressings, removing of drapes, patient transfers
- Hand off report, distribute charts, x-rays and specimens; assist with cleaning operating room and equipment
- Central Sterilization duties which include but not limited to cleaning and wrapping instruments, sterilization of scopes and instruments
2. Pre-op teachings
3. Admitting the patient to Ambulatory Care
4. Receiving the patient from Ambulatory Care to OR
5. Demonstrates leadership skills
6. Demonstrates communication skills with other professionals, patient and family
7. Takes responsibility for self-development
8. Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities
9. Other duties as assigned
Graduate of accredited RN program. Operating Room experience preferred. Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Basic 12 Lead/EKG certification required or completed within one year.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, and health requirements as condition of employment.
Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume. Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are received.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|