Graduate Assistant-Track, Field & Cross Country Coach-Sprints/Jumps/HurdlesUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Track, Field & Cross Country Coach with an emphasis on the sprints, jumps and hurdles.
- Assist the Director of Track, Field & Cross Country
- Team communication
- Coordinate of team travel
- Monitor eligibility status and promotion of academic progress for student athletes
- Fit and maintain team apparel and equipment
- Assist with fundraising activates
- Participate and assist with camps, clinics, exhibitions and campus activities
- Recruit, coach, and scout
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required and the position is conditional based on acceptance into University of Dubuque Masters’ program
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills; both orally and writing
- Proficiency in graphic design, social media, video, and all relevant software
The University of Dubuque is an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
To be considered for this position, please apply on or before November 1, 2017. Start date- applicants should be available to begin work on or before January 2, 2018.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant-Track, Field & Cross Country Coach with the emphasis on the sprints, jumps and hurdles position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.