Graduate Assistant- RecreationUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Recreation Graduate Assistant.
The Recreational Sports Department provides opportunities for the social and physical development of students through facilities operations, fitness and intramurals. The graduate assistant will provide administrative support and supervision of the recreational sports facilities and programs for students, faculty and staff.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and evaluating student employees
- Assist in maintaining accurate fiscal and student payroll records
- Assist in the collection, analysis and review of participation statistics and accident reports
- Assist with updating and enforcing facility policies and procedures consistently
- Assist in planning, coordinating and supervising programs, activities and special events
- Supervisory responsibilities include regular daily office hours and some evenings
- Any other duties as assigned
- Successful admission to the graduate program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
This position will start January 2018. All graduate tuition is waived for the student for the term in which they serve as a GA.
To apply with a growing University for the Recreation Graduate Assistant position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.