Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
We'll be at the James Kennedy Library in Dyersville in the Multipurpose room on November 15th from 4:30pm until 6:30pm! We're looking to fill our 2nd shift Direct Care positions along with our Weekend Instructor positions!
We're offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for our part-time staff, and $14 an hour for our Weekend Instructors!
The direct care professional carries out the rewarding work of supporting individuals with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities in their daily activities. This person is dedicated to making an impact by helping individuals achieve their highest quality of life.
Primary Job Duties:
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals served in the skills, behaviors, and activities of daily living necessary to live in natural home, vocational, and community settings.
- Consistently ensures that active treatment (programming) is regularly completed for each person served during all times of day to support individual growth
- Assists individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
- Assists individuals as assigned with personal money management and in learning the skills to manage their money independently. This may include assisting them to balance their checkbooks, monitor their resources, and to access public assistance for housing, food, utilities, rent reimbursement, tax preparation, etc.
- Constantly ensures that individuals practice personal rights.
- Completes overall cleaning and general care of the home, including care of floors, bathrooms, appliances according to cleaning lists.
- Constantly monitors health and safety conditions in each individual’s environment and trains him/her in healthy/safe practices.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Passes medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Provides documentation (logs/contact notes, program data, incident reports, etc.) on the activities of people living in the home or at each location according to established timelines.
Learn more and apply at www.arearesidentialcare.org
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||Dyersville, IA|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|