Supply Management SpecialistGreen Industrial Supply, Inc., Dubuque, IA
Green Industrial Supply is a privately held and operated company that has a vested interest in best servicing the customer. Our core business is in the procuring, consolidating, and sub-assembly for OEM markets which we have been servicing for more than 25 years. With extraordinary customer service, quality, and competitive pricing, we continue to experience growth and success.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc. is looking to increase our #1 resource - our employees! Our people are what have led to our success as we realize our vision of being the supplier of choice for our customer and becoming known as one of the best places to work in the Dubuque area.
It is the policy of Green Industrial Supply, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Green Industrial Supply will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc., a consolidator, sub-assembler, and shipper to major OEMs, has an opening for a Supply Management Specialist. This position works closely with our customer base in the early phase of new product development by sourcing and procuring a wide variety of commodities and assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for new and existing customers by building and developing a supply base for procuring commodities that maintain competitive pricing and high quality standards.
- Develop, build and maintain an ongoing relationship with suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measure the performance of the supplier and define corrective actions as needed.
- Provide timely quotes to customers.
- Work with customers and suppliers on product specification, making recommendations to ensure a quality product at the lowest total cost and ensure design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding required quality information and maintain those quality documents.
- Make price adjustments as needed including vendor prices changes and customer quotes both domestically and internationally.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies whether they are pricing, quantity, or receiving issues.
- Import new parts into NetSuite and update existing parts for customers.
- Work with Order Management Specialist and Expeditor to manage on-time delivery performance of the supply base by resolving constraints where they exist.
- Assist in obtaining Import/Export documentation
- Provide HTS codes and NAFTA certification when needed.
- Occasional travel required.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing, supply chain, order fulfillment or related field
- Knowledge of and experience in MRP and purchasing using SAP or similar system
- Strong computer application skills including MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- CSCP, CPIM, CPM or CPSM certification preferred
- Knowledge of HTS codes and NAFTA regulations preferred
- Experience reading prints is preferred
This position offers a competitive wage and an outstanding benefit package. If you are a supply management professional interested in an opportunity to grow and make a difference with a dynamic organization, this could be the job for you.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|