Mental Health TechHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- A high school diploma or equivalency is required. Experience working with adults who have chronic mental illness is preferred. If required to drive agency vehicles, the individual must have a valid Iowa driver’s license and must have auto insurance. Must successfully complete an employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients.
- Full time staff are required to be trained on the following items within 30 days of hire (90 days for part-time): Member rights, rights, restrictions and limitations; member confidentiality; provision of member medication (policy training within 30 days; and “hands on” training per policy); individual support needs; behavior intervention plans; and incident reporting. Staff serving clients with brain injury must also receive training on that topic prior to service provision to members.”
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training must be completed within 6 months of hire (for all staff) and every 5 years thereafter (for client care staff).
- Current BCLS (CPR/1st Aid) certification within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Serves as a primary worker for clients as assigned.
- Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
- Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter.
- Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills.
- Teaches day habilitation classes and properly document.
- Assists with social recreation activities within and outside the facility or in the community and to follow all guidelines of the activity coordinator.
- Provides transportation for clients as needed by adhering to all traffic laws and ensure that clients comply as well.
- Immediately corrects identified safety hazards or reports to supervisor/maintenance as appropriate.
- Assists in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and supplies.
- Encourages and assists clients in keeping their bedrooms clean so they meet their goals and follow safety regulations.
- Assists in getting clients to safe zones in the case of emergencies.
- Knowledgeable on agency’s policy and procedures in case of emergencies.
- Completes incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Follows all steps in the protocol book when situations arise for same.
- Shares in weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- Listens to report before or soon after the start of your shift.
- Full-time employees must attend at least 8 in-services a year and part-time and on-call employees must attend at least 4 in-services a year.
- Full-time employees must attend 75% of staff meeting a year.
- Assists with choke patrol.
- Initial orientation completed and sent to Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Client Rights, Rights Restrictions and Limitations.
- Knowledge of Procedure for Passing Medications.
- Knowledge of Medication Policy.
- Knowledge of Individual Member Support Needs, to include clients service plans, goals, supports and needs.
- Behavior Intervention to include addendums to service plans and corrective actions.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|