DIRECTOR OF FINANCEDiamond Jo Casino, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Situated in the historic Port of Dubuque, Diamond Jo Casino is an entertainment destination not to be missed! We offer a high-energy casino with nearly 1,000 slots, 20 table games, more than 200 nights of live entertainment each year at the Mississippi Moon Bar, a state-of-the-art bowling center and five restaurants. Diamond Jo offers many perks for its team members, including a free meal during their shift, a holiday gift check and children's party, an annual picnic, discounted show tickets in the Mississippi Moon Bar and team member appreciation events throughout the year… just to name a few. Boyd Gaming is one of the leading companies in the gaming industry, but we've kept the culture and feel of a family-owned business, something that makes our Company a special place to work. Of course, few family-owned businesses can offer you the chance to work in an environment of exhilarating casino action, chart-topping entertainment, award-winning restaurants, beautiful environments, and plenty of recreational pursuits. At Boyd Gaming, our business is making sure our customers have fun. Today Boyd Gaming is one of the most experienced and well-respected companies in the gaming industry, owning and operating 24 gaming facilities in 7 states. Our geographic diversification translates not only into greater financial stability and company growth, but a wide range of career opportunities for our team members. Further information about our company as well as our job openings can be found at "http://www.boydcareers.com/
Serves as strategic business partner for General Manager and department heads. Responsible for interpreting financial results and collaborating with property leadership to improve financial performance. Leadership responsibility to provide guidance to property leadership on financial implications of operational decisions. Responsible for direct oversight of Cage and property Finance and indirect oversight of Count Team and Receiving/Warehousing.
- Understand financial results and collaborate with property leadership to improve financial performance.
- Analyze reporting from FP&A center of excellence; provide support and leadership to implement recommendations.
- Review financial forecasts with property operational teams and ensure accuracy of property forecasts.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of financial results to Boyd company executives with support of General Manager and property leadership.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for property cage and finance teams, including indirect oversight of count teams and receiving/warehousing teams.
- Manage property cash levels and ensure property does not have excess cash on hand.
- Responsible for internal audit or gaming regulatory audit exceptions and updating property processes as necessary.
- Provides continuous coaching, mentoring and development to staff.
- Promote, develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with department heads, including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- Perform all functions with the highest level of integrity.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar area.
- Five (5) years supervisory/management experience in a related area.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in financial analysis.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook, basic office equipment, and 10-key.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Have initiative, strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and background check.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|