Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: To plan, direct, coordinate and provide whole health services to the clients of Integrated Health Home (IHH) Program.
- RN with current Iowa licensure in good standing. At least one year experience working with persons with mental illness.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Promotes access to behavioral health and physical health services and collaborates between these entities when needed.
- Participates in care coordination activities and case discussions for members.
- Refers members for enrollment in the IHH program and whole health services and completes enrollment paperwork when needed.
- Understands and monitors each IHH member's concerns and the types of whole health resources needed.
- Creates health promotion opportunities for all IHH members, which includes facilitating groups.
- Collects and enters data to assist with benchmarks.
- Communicates when needed to IHH team members.
- Assists in developing and monitoring policies and procedures for health services to clients.
- Assists in the development of new or in the modification of existing policies and procedures to meet licensure and accreditation standards.
- Monitors implementation of policies/procedures and insure that they are implemented and adhered to appropriately.
- Communicates the needs for health services to clients and staff.
- Educates clients and staff regarding psychotropic medication.
- Assesses, monitor, and evaluate the needs for health services to clients.
- Monitors implementation of physician or service provider's medical orders.
- Completes incident reports in a timely manner.
- Shows ability to assess client needs thoroughly and apply specific treatment modalities.
- Uses strong clinical judgment independently when necessary.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Develops and provides training to staff on identified health issues.
- Acts as a resource for other team members pertaining to medical psychiatric issues and implementation of treatment interventions.
- Provides direct nursing service to clients in the community and/or office.
- Provides emergency first aid and routine assessments for medical needs.
- Evaluates client vital signs as necessary.
- Builds positive rapport within the IHH team and with clients and is a team player.
- Documents care given to clients in the medical record in a timely manner.
- Makes suggestions/recommendations regarding care to other treatment team members.
- Reviews client medical records as requested and places findings in EHR system.
- Participates in other committees as assigned by IHH Supervisor/Division Director.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the IHH Supervisor/Division Director.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|