Senior EstimatorDubuque Screw Products Inc, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Let’s keep it simple: We’re a fully equipped CNC manufacturer that features more than two dozen CNC machines operated by true craftsman who take pride in their work. With 80 percent of our machines less than six years old, we’re committed to staying at the forefront of technology.
Do we deliver quality? Absolutely. That’s a given. Now let’s talk service. Dubuque Screw Products works harder than anyone else to deliver prompt turnaround, provide same-day plating, expedite orders and exceed expectations. We’re committed to world-class precision machining, continuous improvement and flexibility.
Interested in being part of a team that understands the importance of working together? Ready to take an active role in a company dedicated to exceptional manufacturing and continuous process improvements? At Dubuque Screw Products, employees are like family and our most valuable assets. We offer competitive wages, paid time off, 401(k) retirement, paid holidays, health insurance and tuition reimbursement. toward a rewarding career.
- Manages the DSP Quote portal and delegates various quotes to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Provides leadership to Estimators on various approaches to estimation of jobs and properly reviews their resultant estimates.
- Knowledge of material types and characteristics, including both raw materials and commercial materials (shapes, grades, availability, etc.) as well as the ability to understand the processes and flow of production and how the rates affect the final pricing.
- Initiates projects, anticipates changes, and sets new priorities for self and other Estimators.
- Selects methods of manufacturing that meet customer specifications and labor resources at the lowest cost to DSP.
- Calculates materials required, enters part numbers, pricing, bill of materials (BOM) for internal and external processes to determine a per piece price that meets customer requirements.
- Documents all detailed costs, materials and work flow required by other departments to ensure job and client expectations are met.
- Creates quoted lead times based on current work flow, processes required and input availability for finished goods during the quote process.
- Communicates with relevant DSP team members to clearly define the customer’s requirements.
- Effectively communicates with external customers to develop, negotiate and manage corporate contracts and material contracts for long term pricing solutions.
- Makes recommendations to management for improvement ideas in areas such as product quality, rates and yields, or any other value added cost saving measures.
- Works with current vendors and explores opportunities for new vendors for cost saving measures.
Competencies include: Leadership, Performance Management, Project Management, Excellent Communication Skills, Decision Making, Self-Motivated, Technical Capacity, Stress Management/Composure, Business Acumen, Problem Solving/Analysis, Personal effectiveness/Credibility
Education and Experience include: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience, 5 years estimating experience required, industry specific experience preferred.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|