Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
The Home Care RN Quality Improvement Coordinator is responsible for providing appropriate education opportunities and training for colleagues as it relates to the process and performance improvement. They are also responsible for reviewing and analyzing OASIS Assessment and documentation and understanding the relationship to reimbursement.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred or within 4 years of hire.
- Must be a registered nurse and must hold an active license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa and State of Illinois.
- Experience in Home Care with knowledge of State, Federal and JCAHO Home Care regulations along with extensive understanding of OASIS preferred.
- Two to three years quality /process improvement experience preferred.
- Demonstrate strong organization and analytical skills to gather, organize and report data necessary for performance improvement.
- Must have the ability to assess or evaluate client medical records as it relates to quality of care and systems analysis.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and execute own workload.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills necessary to facilitate learning of others.
- Knowledge of computer clinical documentation system.
- Computer application experience in Excel and Word.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) will be required within 30 days of hire and every 2 years thereafter.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|