Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
Under supervision of an RN, the Certified Home Health Aide, provides assistance in caring for clients with activities of daily living that is consistent with the philosophy, objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures of Mercy Medical Center.
Records and reports information such as vital signs, intake and output, weight, and any behavioral changes to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Utilizes the department specific Home Health Aide Note appropriately.
- Assists with various client activities such as: ambulation, active and passive range of motion exercises, turning and positioning in bed, getting up in chair, using bathroom, bedpan, and/or urinal.
- Is able to prioritize and assist clients with activities of daily care as assigned: bathing, grooming, oral care and other personal hygiene.
Adheres to the standard precaution policies
- Maintains, assembles and organizes equipment needed for a safe secure environment.
- Assists in mealtime activities and feeding clients.
- Completes routine daily assignments.
- Demonstrates organization, efficiency, and productivity related to time management.
- Performs additional duties as requested such as transporting clients.
- Promotes a safe and clean environment by maintaining the cleanliness of the home.
- Demonstrates activity to impact change within your department and with other departments.
- Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with hospital guest and clients.
- Takes an active role in enhancing abilities to carry out job functions through personal and professional/job-related growth and development.
- Participates in orientation of new staff members
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based upson established standards of practice
- Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must have a 75 hour CNA Certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have proof of liability vehicle insurance.
- CNA experience preferred.
- Must complete 12 hours of in-service per calendar year to maintain CNA certification.
- Maintain current BLS, and Mandatory Reporter certification.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|