Accounting InternshipPSSI, Kieler, WI
This listing has expired
We provide sanitation for over 450 food processing plants daily with over 15,000 sanitation employees covering the US and Canada. No other company in the food market has broader experience, more boots on the ground, or a larger pool of customers than PSSI. Our distinctive business model used in the contract sanitation market today was developed, tested and refined by our customers and our people. PSSI has the standardized systems, resources and technical expertise to handle any sanitation challenge.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Run and distribute various weekly and monthly financial reports
- Division and plant level P&Ls – Field & Answer Questions
- Weekly gross margin analysis – Field & Answer Questions
- Reporting such as Labor Analysis and Supplies/Chemical/Other
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Ensure that fixed assets are entered and depreciated over timeframe per company policy
- Prepare and run monthly and annual reports
- Prepare and execute GL journal entries
- Perform financial analysis
- System Administrator - add new customers / vendors / GL account numbers as needed
- Sales and Use Taxes
- Maintain the Avalara sales and use tax program.
- Add new jurisdictions as necessary
- Run Monthly reports and balance to general ledger / prepare JEs.
- Submit funding request
- Maintain Company Hierarchy in AX
- Add new location to correct Areas/District/Division, publish weekly changes
- State Reporting
- Submit annual reports to states we operate in
- File yearly business licenses / Other State Reports
- Backup Sr. Staff Accountant
Specific Measures of Job Performance.
- Timely and accurate recording of all costs, expenses and reports
- Timely account analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Ability to provide analyses which drive profit improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking in solving for root causes of variances in operating performance