"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Create and manage purchase orders for area of responsibility, ensuring timely confirmation and delivery.
• Actively track and manage all backordered products with each supplier to effect timely resolution.
• Will be responsible for part shortage reporting and associated steps taken to address the issues.
• Optimize inventory to support production needs and meet target inventory levels and turns.
• Maintain relevant data in the ERP system, item master to include lead-time, order requirements, safety stock, and other order modifiers.
• Have an active role in the identification, disposition, and report of OSMI (Obsolete/Slow Moving Inventory).
• Actively assist in managing vendor relationships, including vendor compliance enforcement.
• Continuously review purchased items and make recommendations to management based on history, forecasts and trends.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of work by concentrating on and paying attention to detailed information.
• Data collection/reporting for supplier metrics and general analysis.
• Will take part in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Associates degree or higher required.
• Minimum of one year purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and other software.
• Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP type systems.
• Ability to anticipate and analyze problems, suggest and implement solutions to routine situations such as delays to schedules, material shortages and daily systems transaction errors.
• Ability to communicate (in the English language) with customers, vendors and company personnel in a positive and proactive manner.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Ability to extract and analyze data from various systems and make purchasing recommendations to management.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to attend to multiple concurrent tasks.
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|