CMA or LPNCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
- Performs all job functions according to the mission and values of CCHC
- Prepares patients for provider office visit, greets and escorts patient to the exam room
- Obtains patient’s vitals, updates the patient’s medical history, medications and allergies
- Documents all information in chart in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Explains procedures that may/will be performed
- Draws, prepares and administers injections per provider order and clinical standing orders
- Collects and prepares specimens according to approved policies
- Performs Point of Care testing accurately and according to clinical policies
- Draws and prepares lab specimens for in-house and contract labs and distributes them in a timely manner
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms for patients and provider
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and exam rooms according to OSHA and blood born pathogen guidelines
- Distributes and explains educational materials to the patient as directed by the provider
- Assists the patient with referrals and scheduling for follow-up appointments
- Tracks labs, x-rays, referrals ordered by providers and critical lab testing results
- Communicates test results to patient as directed by the provider and per standing orders
- Maintains a safe, clean, efficient and welcoming environment for patients and staff
- Assists with monthly inventory/ordering of medical supplies
- Performs routine clerical, reception and medical records tasks as needed
- Tracks quality indicators, if requested
- Successfully completes initial and biennial competency testing for the specific position
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and current certification or Graduation from an accredited nursing program and current Iowa LPN license required. A minimum of two years’ work experience in a medical office setting preferred.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Crescent offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|