Technical Support EngineerDDI, Inc, Dubuque, IA
DDI, Inc. is a successful import/export company specializing in developing custom programs for small to medium sized retail groups, OEM manufacturers, and agricultural businesses.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, and offices in Seattle, Canada, China, and Japan DDI continues to see rapid growth of sales and clients. DDI sells full container loads of product by sourcing or manufacturing products and shipping it without needing additional outside services, such as quality verification, warehousing, customs brokerages, or freight forwarders. This allows DDI, Inc. to be not only highly cost competitive, but also timelier on getting product to the client.
Product programs include agricultural buildings, confinements, and ventilation; OEM metal or plastic products or parts; and retail products including hardware, lighting, furniture, lawn & garden, and outdoor equipment.
Local Manufacturer is seeking a Manufacturing and Technical Sales Executive
DDI, Inc., an off-shore manufacturer of a wide variety of component parts and sub-assemblies is looking for a dynamic Technical Support Engineer to join our expanding team in Dubuque, Iowa. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and driving the technical evaluation phase of the sales process, acting as the ongoing production liaison between the customer and the factory, and working in cunjunction with the sales team as the key manufacturing/technical advisor.
- Actively manage existing customers' technical and manufacturing needs.
- Capture technical requirements and communicate those effectively to the overseas manufacturing team
- Manage new product and new customer technical teams to insure confidence and establish a solid project brief
- Identify opportunities for sales growth with existing customers by identifying additional products that could be made for each customer
- Conduct and coordinate customer on site surveys and walk-throughs on a regular basis
- Solicit technical requirements from customers and document all technical aspects for the quoting and production process
- Troubleshoot quality issues and be able to successfully resolve them quickly
- Call on customer’s senior management and develop close working relationships
- 5-8 years production/sales/business development manufacturing/engineering experience
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment important – particularly metal fabrication
- Goal oriented self-starter with good organization and time management skills
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing skills a plus
- Familiarity/communication with China manufacturers also a plus
Education and /or Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing/production or business desired but not required
- Strong initiative, innovation, organization and attention to detail are essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across various audiences
- Proficient to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health Plan
- IRA with match
DDI, Inc. is a Dubuque, Iowa and Kent, Washington based design, development and manufacturing company that provides its wide range of customers with comprehensive solutions to their product development, production and delivery goals.
Contact DDI Inc., 7425 Chavenelle Road, Dubuque, Iowa
Attn: Richard Walker, 563-690-1218, email@example.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|