Mechanical EngineerFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits including:
- excellent health/dental/vision plan
- 10 days vacation starting
- 9 paid holidays, + 1 floating holiday
- a friendly, supportive work environment
- Flexsteel furniture discounts
- professional growth opportunities
Define specifications for interchangeable mechanical and electrical components and upholstery materials used across a multitude of product lines in all business units. This position will work closely with internal departments and component vendors to develop and/or select, qualify, approve and document new and existing component (systems).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with Marketing, Purchasing, Vendors, and Quality, investigate, develop, select, and approve new mechanical and electrical components.
- Define product specifications for components based on functional requirements.
- Working closely with Corporate Quality, define testing and inspection requirements for mechanical and electrical components.
- Work closely with D&E teams and production plants to implement new components into multiple styles and production processes.
- Create and maintain an engineering component library for all component groups.
- Working closely with Corporate Quality, Purchasing, and Vendors define specifications, testing, and inspection requirements for common upholstery materials.
- Create and maintain an engineering component library for all material groups.
- Work closely with D&E teams and production plants to implement new materials into multiple styles and production processes.
- Actively participate in value engineering (VAVE) workshops for high running and program styles.
- Work closely with D&E Managers to set up workshops and help to moderate the activities.
- Take responsibility for any component related actions stemming from the workshops.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, Mechanical Engineering or related
- 3-5 years mechanical and/or electro-mechanical product design experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of Solid Works and AutoCAD (or similar 2D CAD program) preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point; Microsoft Project preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Willing to travel domestically (and internationally) as required
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|