HR AdministratorHonkamp Krueger & Co., P.C. / HK Payroll Services, Inc. (HKP), Dubuque, IA
Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C. (HK) is a Top 100 CPA and business consulting firm in the U.S. and the third fastest-growing Midwest-based firm (Accounting Today, 2017). Our Headquarters are located in Dubuque, Iowa with branch locations in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, and Clinton, Iowa; Madison and Platteville, Wis., and Moline and Geneseo, Illinois. HK is a four-time recipient of the Top Workplace in Iowa award by the Des Moines Register and has been named Employer of the Year by the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce.
Our clients number in the thousands and range from privately-held organizations, Fortune 500 multi-nationals, franchisor organizations across all industry sectors, individuals and not-for-profits.
HK offers clients 40+ forward-thinking, effective and timely solutions in the following areas: accounting and audit, business advisory, business transition and valuation, governance, risk and compliance, human capital management, software solutions, tax, and wealth management.
In addition to our CPA practice, the HK Family of Companies consists of HK Payroll Services (HKP), the workforce management affiliate and HK Financial Services (HKFS), the wealth management affiliate.
Summary: This individual will manage the overall department and administration of the HR/Personnel Division and serve as the County Administrative Liaison to the Dubuque County Board of Supervisors. He/she will be responsible for maintaining and administering County policies and programs; perform special projects and support department objectives while promoting excellent public relations between the department and other entities. This individual will also implement and coordinate policies and programs in the areas of recruitment, employment EEO, wage and salary administration, compliance, labor relations, employee development, benefits and interpret and apply established policy for Dubuque County, as well as acting as Chief Negotiator for the County in collective bargaining when necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The HR Administrator has supervisory responsibility for the HR/Personnel Department. The Dubuque County HR Administrator also has direct supervisory responsibility over the Directors and Superintendents of Dubuque County Departments such as Facilities, IT, Budgeting, Zoning and General Assistance as indicated by the county organizational chart. The Dubuque County HR Administrator, along with the Directors and Superintendents of their respective Departments, have the responsibility to carry out the initiatives and directives of the Board of Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and 3-5 years related human resources management experience and/or training in local or regional government; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Top level management skills with knowledge of line management required
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective work relationships with all levels of elected officials, staff, agencies and the public
- Must possess effective communications skills including written verbal and listening skills. Ability to utilize diplomacy and tact as required.
- Familiarity with the legislative process at the state and federal levels and possess the ability to monitor and understand the effect of that process
- Familiarity with collective bargaining and Chapter 20 of the Iowa code
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgement and work under pressure. Must be capable of taking initiative in resolving problems and completing projects.
- Ability to exemplify by his/her attitude and actions representing the spirit and good faith intentions of the individuals who serve the people in the capacity of Dubuque County positions.
Salary range - $80K to $110K
Interested candidates should submit updated resume and letter of interest by January 12, 2018
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|