President & CEODubuque Regional Humane Society, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a no-kill open admission animal welfare organization serving the tri-state area since 1901. Our facility admits thousands of homeless animals every year, providing them food, shelter, medical attention, and a second chance at finding their forever homes. The campus features a recently renovated adoption facility and an on-site veterinary clinic. The DRHS is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Reports To: Chair, Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) Board of Directors
Direct Oversight Responsibilities:
Director of Marketing & Events
Data Management: Organizational plans, budgets, statistics, board and committee minutes, and any other documentation related to the operation of the DRHS
Physical Assets: Facilities, grounds, equipment, and supplies
Major Functional Responsibilities:
Leadership & Supervision:
- Provide leadership and management of staff and volunteers which includes: mentoring, motivating, hiring, terminations and all required reviews.
- Delegate and empower staff to complete assigned tasks in the most efficient and effective way.
- Actively support staff and volunteers by providing a positive work environment.
- Promote the DRHS mission, services, programs and events internally and externally.
- Support staff and volunteers in an effort to provide quality service to animals in our care.
- Recognize clients, volunteers and employees and their individual contributions to the success of our organization.
- Raise operating revenue for the DRHS through new and established campaigns.
- Raise awareness of DRHS programs and contributions to the community.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective donors including, corporations, foundations, community organizations and corporate volunteer leaders, and individuals.
- Direct the design and implementation of the DRHS fundraising and public relations activities.
- Oversee grant planning and application process.
- Conduct major gift solicitations.
- Maintain records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and execute ad hoc report requests.
- Prepare reports for the Board on a monthly and yearly basis and present at monthly Board meetings.
- Inform the Board of opportunities and challenges that may affect the DRHS including operations, media coverage, public relations and personnel changes.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, provide vision for, develop and implement the strategic plan and annual operational and fundraising plans to ensure the successful achievement of financial goals and growth.
- Prepare and execute operating budget annually based on strategic planning
- Effectively manage resources for the maximum benefit of the organization.
- Communicate with all government entities in regards to DRHS contracts.
- Provide support for legal investigations for cruelty and neglect of animals at the federal, state, city and county level.
- Promote good public relations in accordance with DRHS practices; seize opportunities to strengthen our professional image and manage crisis communications as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field of study or an equivalent combination of education/experience is required.
- Minimum of five years management experience in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising and grant writing.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations.
- Sound general business skills and experience developing and managing budgets.
- Proven leadership and strategic qualities to develop and manage a staff and to direct day-to-day activities and operations.
- Willingness and ability to understand all federal, state, city and county animal ordinances, regulations and laws affecting the operation of a shelter.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Professional animal care experience.
- Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) certification.
- Demonstrates a passion for, and a love of, animals.
- Energetic leader with a collaborative style of management in a team-oriented culture.
- Maintains composure, patience and sensitivity during stressful situations.
- Acts professionally, is poised and comfortable presenting a positive image of DRHS.
- Embodies the highest level of personal and business ethics.
This listing has expired
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|