R&D Product DeveloperFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
- Utilize CAD software to design creative new concept components and assemblies
- Develop theoretical models and physical prototypes to complete testing and validation
- Work with Design & Engineering to identify design practices that improve quality and manufacturability of products. Contribute to continuous improvement of process and product quality
- Maintain information on project cost and scope in a clear fashion throughout development process
- Support manufacturing through the development of tooling and manufacturing processes to expedite successful new product launch
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
- BS or AAS in engineering, technology, manufacturing, or other related technical field is desired. A candidate with related work experience would be considered.
- 3-D solid modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred) with proficiency in design, drafting and dimensioning required
- Utilize a working knowledge of modern manufacturing to identify ideal manufacturing processes and machines to minimize cost and labor. Key areas include metal cutting, punching, machining, robotic and manual welding. Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques is highly desired.
- Ability to calculate, assign, and measure manufacturing part tolerances
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance. Common topics include mechanical interactions & wear, material properties, energy-based design, dimensional analysis
- Efficient communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple priorities
- Must work effectively in teams and alone
- Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience with Microsoft Word & Excel (including data processing in Excel through formulas, functions, and tables)
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|