Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc at the Dubuque Operations plant will be building a brand new facility in Dubuque in the near future. There is a Project/Specifications Engineer position open in this facility. Flexsteel offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits including: •excellent health/dental/vision plans
•ten days vacation starting
•9 paid Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
•a friendly, supportive work environment
•Flexsteel furniture discounts
Performs quality functions and leadership duties for steel product, including but not limited to; incoming materials, press, weld, rivet, powder coat and assembly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognize and values customers and fellow associates by
1. Emphasize quality in every task through a zero-defect attitude
2. Creating a safe and positive work environment
3. Display pride in Flexsteel and Flexsteel product
4. Working to educate and empower the work force
5. Recommendations of eliminating elements/process improvements
1. Completes schedules on a timely basis.
2. Eliminates waste in labor and materials.
3. Maintains harmonious relations with employees and Union.
4. Works with customer service in both the Residential Division and the Metal Division.
5. Assigns jobs for production helpers, common laborers, and janitors.
6. Works with MSDS sheets.
7. Fill in Supervision as requested
8. Lead improvement projects as requested.
- PRODUCTION MONITORING:
- Audit parts at paint line. Regular checks paint ID tags and warnings stickers finish and appearance.
- Monitor weld fixtures and welded part production for welded as intended (clamps, welding position, etc.). Insure proper weld station setup.
- Monitor press, weld, rivet, powder coat and assembly to assure conformance to quality control standards and adherence to production schedules.
- Inspection of incoming raw and purchased materials.
- NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS OR PRODUCT CHANGES:
- Perform 100% dimensional and weld inspection of parts from new/revised weld jigs.
- Perform 100% dimensional layout of new/revised parts from new dies or die changes.
- Maintain inspection layout reports.
- Maintain sample piece parts by inspection office and update location sheets.
- QUALITY SYSTEM
- Maintain required documentation for inspection of part, fixture, and dies.
- Maintain calibration of inspection equipment to assure quality parts.
- Complete weekly inspection reports for review by manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School education or equivalent.
Ability to periodically do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
Metal working background preferred.
Prefer previous supervisory, production or manufacturing experience ,but not required.
Good communication skills, organizational ability and attention to detail
General computer experience preferred.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3400 Jackson St|
|Apply by Mail:||3400 Jackson St|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|