A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing comprehensive human resource needs and initiatives in the areas of organizational development, employee/labor relations, talent management/training, performance management, leadership development, and employee engagement for assigned areas. This role supports the organization in achieving operational targets by developing, promoting, implementing, managing, and maintaining effective HR policies, programs, procedures and practices, while striving towards maintaining a positive work climate and providing day-to-day leadership and guidance.
Work hours will be days, Monday through Friday, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed.
HR Business Development
- Partner with and consult all levels of management to advise on and assist in implementing people strategies. (i.e. organizational performance, performance management, culture and change management, coaching, talent assessment, organizational design, organizational effectiveness, performance management, implementing people strategies, leadership development, etc.)
- Analyze trends and metrics, in partnership with assigned area(s)/unit(s) management, to develop solutions, programs and/or policies that translate into employee engagement initiatives and/or actions.
- In conjunction with appropriate stake holders identify key business objectives and develop strategies to increase organizational effectiveness as the organizational needs change.
- Implement human resources strategies across the organization.
- Manage employee/labor relations issues such as employee/labor complaints, harassment allegations, work/performance issues, and grievances while managing risk and ensuring legal compliance.
- Coordinate with the appropriate stake holders to consistently administer policies and practices across the organization.
- Assist groups and teams to identify and resolve problem issues, coaching managers on employee performance issues, and providing consistent interpretation and application of personnel policies, union contracts, statutory regulations and laws.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Coach management to become effective in employee/labor relations, performance management, conduct, employee engagement, professional development and employee development.
- Provide day-to-day policy, contractual and regulatory guidance and interpretations to employees and management on HR topics that may include, but are not limited to: compensation, job postings, transfers, compensation methodology, FML/WFML, STMD, hiring practices, career advancement, tuition assistance, insurance options, training opportunities, etc.
Training and Development
- Participates in New Manager Orientation.
- Provides input for yearly performance reviews.
- Identify, recommend and develop training opportunities for staff and leaders.
- Assists with recommendations for training and development options.
- Provide management development training in employee/labor relations matters.
- Train managers and human resources personnel in grievance/discipline handling, contract administration, new provisions of collective bargaining agreements, and new policy initiatives.
- Advise and work with management to identify contract language changes that support organizational needs and objectives.
- Gather and analyze demographic, compensation and other necessary data in preparation for contract negotiations.
- Recommend and prepare contract language and financial proposals.
- Serve as an integral member of the bargaining team during negotiations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, or related field
5+ years of combined experience in multiple HR functional areas and/or ER/LR experience required
Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address complex business issues
Strong business acumen and proven ability to integrate HR and business strategies
Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with a variety of people
Working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws/regulations relating to human resources fields
Experience with EEO and ERD investigations and complaints
Knowledge of legal implications as it relates to human resources fields
Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|