Development OfficerUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
The University of Dubuque is a private, four-year, co-educational professional University with a focus in the liberal arts. Founded in 1852, the University has a 154-year heritage of uncompromising commitment to academic excellence and spiritual growth. Located in the heart of the city on a scenic 77-acre campus, the University of Dubuque offers programs in the undergraduate and graduate college and in the graduate theological seminary. The University’s mission of encouraging intellectual, moral, and spiritual development dates back to the University's founding. Through its history, the university has been known as a place of educational opportunity. Even today, a large portion of its students are first-generation college students. Twenty percent of the student population is comprised of men and women from underrepresented populations. The University of Dubuque’s welcoming interfaith community of 1,500 students comes from across the country and around the globe. A small campus community, the University offers a 15 to 1 student to faculty ratio. Students can earn the bachelor’s degree in 16 areas, as well as a master of business administration (MBA) and master of arts in communication (MAC) degrees. As members of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, university men and women compete in 19 conference sports, as well as participating in a variety of intramural athletics and wellness classes. The University of Dubuque Theological Seminary (UDTS) is one of 10 theological institutions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and awards master of divinity, master of arts in religion, and doctor of ministry degrees. One of the advantages of theological education at UDTS is the university of which it is a part. The UDTS is the only Presbyterian seminary that is integrally part of a university. The seminary emphasizes the local church as the central focus and model for ministry, while also training students for ministry in nontraditional settings. Deeply grounded as a Presbyterian seminary, UDTS also serves students from a variety of other denominations.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University which is seeking a Development Officer. Do you have a passion to help others? Do you want to succeed in a rewarding environment? If you answered “yes” to these questions this is the position for you!
- Secure external funds by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and investors
- Draft individual cultivation plan and goals for each prospect in his/her Portfolio
- Represent the University with investors and prospects
- Prepare and submits visit reports, weekly reports and monthly reports
- Perform other essential duties and tasks of the Office of Advancement as required
- Bachelor’s degree; along with five years of increasingly successful experience in fundraising in higher education, non-profit, or similar settings or commensurate related sales/public relations experience
- Effective communication skills; both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office
- Local, regional and national travel is expected; weekend and evening work is required
To apply with a growing University for the Development Officer position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|