Outpatient Behavioral Health Therapist Louisa($750 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
At Hillcrest Family Services, the compassion and extensive experience of our counseling team means we provide a broad range of mental health services and treat a wide array of conditions for individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds at our Mental Health Centers, including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Medication Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychological Assessment & Testing
As an Outpatient Behavioral Health Therapist, your primary responsibility includes providing community-based mental health assessments, interventions, and consultation to individuals, providing crisis support, integration with the legal system, and ongoing connection with supportive resources. This includes:
- Displaying effective interviewing skills and good organizational skills
- Practicing within the defined scope and responsibilities of the Eastern Iowa Behavioral Health Care Coordinator Model
- Providing direct mental health services to identified individuals incarcerated within the Jackson County jail and/or other client populations as identified by the MHDS Region
- Follows individuals for a 30 day period post-release in order to insure that linkages to community providers occur
- Attends and participates in Eastern Iowa Care Coordination Model training, quality monitoring monthly conference calls, and engages in as needed care coordination meetings to address high utilizers or complicated case review as appropriate
What you need
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field required
- Full professional license (LISW, LMHC, LMFT)
- Acceptable agency driver
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Independent license as a Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor or Marriage and Family Therapist
- Experience working with mentally ill clients in a community setting
- Excellent time management, organization, and flexibility
The Outpatient Behavioral Health Therapist is a mental health link to the local community. This position allows me to help my community and help the mental health of those who need my help. For that I am extremely grateful and blessed.
- Current Outpatient Behavioral Health Therapist
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|