Director Product ResearchMcGraw-Hill Education, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
At McGraw-Hill Education, we believe that our contribution to unlocking a brighter future lies within the application of our deep understanding of how learning happens and how the mind develops. It exists where the science of learning meets the art of teaching.
Educators have been and always will be at the core of the learning experience. The solutions we develop help educators impart their knowledge to students more efficiently. We believe that harnessing technology can enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom and deepen the connections between students and teachers to empower greater success.
By partnering with educators around the globe, our learning engineers, content developers and pedagogical experts are developing increasingly open learning ecosystems that are proven to improve pass rates, elevate grades and increase engagement for each individual learner while improving outcomes for all.
Why? Because learning changes everything.
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Product Research Director working in Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Irvine, CA; or Dubuque, IA.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Working extensively with and across Portfolio, Marketing, Digital Product Group, Sales, Enterprise, and Implementation Services teams to help execute an outside-in, customer-driven approach to product research. Engages with project teams to determine needs and the best way to test for those needs, create test plans, run the testing (moderating), analyze results, and compile reports.
- Oversee product management research projects, advise and guide colleagues with planning to conduct their own product-level or customer-level research.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge. Curating and logging all product-based research reports, internal and external, to ensure a high-level view of significant findings and trends, get value from them and report them back to the business.
- Directly managing external projects as required, including scoping the research and defining research methodology. Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
- Sourcing the most appropriate external research agencies for specific product research, ensuring these are delivered on time and to the required standard/specification.
- Partner with Director of Market Insights, Product Marketing and Market Development in commissioning consumer panels or surveys to develop customer insight which will inform the organization’s decisions with regard to product development and outward-facing service enhancements and the potential impact operational/financial impact of implementation.
- Help drive the organization’s increased trialing, piloting and consultation activity in pursuit of customer-driven software requirements, product validation and marketability.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written).
- Designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
- Drafting research specifications, writing research RFPs, compiling, analyzing and communicating results. Managing teams and complex research projects.
- Must be: analytical, collaborative, strategic, well-organized, self-motivated, and able to lead others through influence.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management & Product Marketing, the Product Research Director is responsible for the management and coordination of internal and external product-oriented research work and projects across McGraw-Hill Higher Education. The job holder will collate and analyze data and provide evidence based recommendations which will be used to contribute to the delivery of our strategic goals.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle