Safety ManagerSouthwest Health, Platteville, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
- Either (a) a Bachelor’s Degree in occupational health and safety or a related field and 3 years experience where the primary function of the position involved performance improvement, patient/resident safety, or quality improvement functions at a management level in a hospital or health care facility, 3 years of which involved significant responsibility for patient/resident safety programs and the supervision of staff; OR (b) a Bachelor’s Degree in occupational health and safety or related field and 5 years of experience in a hospital facility.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of TJC’s EOC and LS standards and requirements;
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to safety and fire safety;
- Thorough knowledge of accreditation standards, health care regulations, performance improvement, and patient/resident safety issues;
- Good knowledge of the operation of Critical Access Hospital (including gero-psych) and Long Term Care facilities.
We are currently seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Safety Manager.
The Safety Manager plans, organizes, develops, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and monitors the overall operation of the Southwest Health’s (SH) Environment of Care and Life Safety programs and initiatives in accordance with current federal, State, local, and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards. Management of Environment of Care (EC) Safety and Life Safety (LS) Plans in order to minimize hazards and reduce risk of injury to patients/residents, visitors and staff is a major responsibility of this position. Serves as the Safety Officer for Southwest Health and serves as the chair of Southwest Health’s Environment of Care Committee
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of appropriate policies and procedures, in collaboration with other leaders relative to State, local and TJC EOC and LS standards.
- Collaborates with the Facility Operations Director, Quality Director, & Hazard Communication Coordinator to develop and maintain required EOC and LS programs.
- Serves as Chair of the EOC/LS Committee. Prepares and maintains appropriate reports, documentation of meetings, etc.
- In coordination with Human Resources, develops and implements EC and LS orientation for new employees, and a continuing education training program regarding EC and LS code issues for all staff.
- Coordinates and assures necessary performance improvement activities, safety and security inspections, fire drills, missing person drills, etc. are done according to schedule.
- Conducts, arranges, participates in, and evaluates the effectiveness of departmental and EOC safety and security semi-annual tours to identify risk and assess conditions throughout SH facilities.
- Prepares findings, recommendations, actions taken, and disseminates results of EOC / LS performance improvement (PI) activities and other reports (i.e. Annual Reviews, Management Plans, etc.) to appropriate staff and committees.
- Facilitates / ensures the objectives, scope, performance and effectiveness of EOC and LS is evaluated at least annually by the EOC / LS Committee and that management plans with goals for improvement are identified / implemented for upcoming year.
- Management of National Recall Alert Center system, ensuring that recalls and alerts are reviewed and responded to by appropriate department leaders.
- Assist Risk Management in conducting physical surveys of facilities and compliance with insurer recommendations.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|