Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
Safety and Risk Manager
- Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing or a bachelors’ degree or significant experience in Healthcare or Safety.
- Certification as a Safety Professional (CSP), or a Hospital Safety Professional (CHSP) or currently pursuing is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a hospital facility is also preferred.
- Must have detailed knowledge of working relationships between Hospital, Nursing Home, and SBS departments, physicians, and their offices.
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies and requirements required.
- Must demonstrate strong written, and verbal communication skills and be computer literate with experience in Windows environment.
We are currently seeking a part-time (24 hours/week) Safety and Risk Manager.
The Safety and Risk Manager plans, organizes, develops, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall operation of the Southwest Health’s Risk Management and Environment of Care (Safety) Program in accordance with current federal, State, and local, and TJC (The Joint Commission)standards.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for development of appropriate policies and procedures, with input from staff.
- Maintains level of competence to assure compliance with regulatory standards. Networks with resource agencies, insurance companies, and/or regulatory agency representatives as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains all required written general safety and Risk Management plans/programs.
- Collaborates with the Facility Operations Manager, Quality Director, & Hazard Communication Coordinator to develop and maintain required Life Safety Management, Equipment Management, Utility Systems Management, Security Management, and Hazardous Materials / Medical Waste Management Programs.
- Serves as Chair of the EOC/Safety – Risk Management Committee. Prepares and maintains appropriate reports, documentation of meetings, etc.
- Provides leadership relative to incident reporting system. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring reports for appropriate completion and trending and opportunities for improvement; assignment and maintenance of user / reviewer capabilities; ensuring follow-up and closure of events; participation in user group and benchmarking webinars and meetings; and preparation of Quarterly Incident Statistical Reports for submission to EOC Committee.
- Responsible for Risk Management program, this includes but is not limited to: analysis of severity of events, rapid identification of sentinel events and analysis of claims potential and claims prevention measures; reporting of qualifying incidents to liability insurance carrier and/or other agencies as appropriate; collaborate with Quality RN, Chief Clinical Officer, Chief Medical Officer, and appropriate department leaders in performance of Root Cause Analyses for qualifying incidents / events; and preparation of Quarterly Risk Management Reports for submission to Corporate Compliance and EOC Committee.
- Coordinates and assures necessary performance improvement activities, safety and security inspections, fire drills, missing person drills, etc. are done according to schedule.
- Management of National Recall Alert Center system, ensuring that recalls and alerts are reviewed and responded to by appropriate department leaders.
- Maintains electronic emergency alert staff notification system by adding, changing status, and deleting staff as identified by Human Resources.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|