Development Engineering SupervisorFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Under the direction of the Manager of Product Development & Engineering, supervises and directs the activities of Wood Frame Engineering and Tailor Product Development to ensure completion of drafting, frame building, and prototype building for each new design, for the approval by Design and Product Marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
- A) emphasizing teamwork
- B) possessing a customer-driven attitude
- C) effectively achieving results by meeting mutually agreed upon goals
As a supervisor, it is your responsibility to enforce the dress code, the workspace, the building guidelines, and all other Flexsteel policies for all employees under your direct supervision.
- Develops and determines the most suitable wood and metal frame construction for each new design.
- Assists designer as needed in establishing new styles.
- Makes necessary revisions to the wood frame and poly assembly designs after the prototype has been reviewed (and approved).
- Responsible for quickly solving production problems with the product specifications and design as they arise at the manufacturing plants.
- Engineers and analyzes wood frames and poly assemblies to improve the quality, reduce costs, improve productivity, and promote standardization.
- Coordinates development and prototype building for new introductions and value engineering projects.
- Determines preliminary specifications at initiation of new development based on project data provided by customer, Sales, and Product Manager.
- Meets timeline to deliver 1st prototypes, 2nd prototypes, and customer samples on time to meet key customer delivery and introduction dates.
- Orders all materials needed for successful build of prototypes.
- Creates and finalizes fabric and upholstery material patterns.
- Compiles required information from prototypes to develop and release specification package, including completion of poly drawings, wood drawings, assemblies, and specification sheets.
- Evaluates new prototypes with staff, designer(s), and manager to determine the optimal cost/benefit tradeoff while still meeting aesthetic, safety, durability, and performance requirements.
- Collaborates with internal plants and external vendors on engineering changes to wood & poly drawings, assemblies, and/or specification sheets.
- Supervises soft goods prototype shop, building of prototypes, product testing, and authorizes overtime.
- Works with team to continuously refine and develop new upholstery and tailoring methods.
- Reviews construction elements to meet product quality standards.
- Maintains and coordinates the set up and tear down of display units under the direction of Product Marketing.
- Reviews project status regularly with Product Development Manager and Product Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
3-5 years’ leadership experience in a fast-paced product development or manufacturing environment.
Associate’s Degree in Drafting PLUS 5-7 years of experience in a fast-paced product development or manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|