Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,800 students and employs over 350 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: http://www.loras.edu/~HR/.
Responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support to the All-Sports Camp. Types/keyboards and assembles letters, memos, and reports. Assists with registration procedures for prospective campers wishing to attend the All-Sports Camp. Answers questions and directs telephone calls and visitors. Prepares documents. Assembles and maintains statistical data. Performs and oversees specific projects and programs as assigned.
This is a seasonal position, working 10-15 hours a week April and May and 40 hours a week June and July.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Keyboards/types and updates correspondence, documents, reports, and provides support for registration at the All-Sports Camp.
- Organizes and manages the computer's hard drive system. Adapts to new computer software and hardware technology as needed.
- Proofreads completed documents, corrects grammatical, spelling, typographical and punctuation errors.
- Compiles, prints and distributes printed information.
- Operates scanner and copy machines.
- Maintains an appropriate filing system.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required. Vocational-technical training desirable.
Experience: Two to three years of general secretarial experience.
Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Good knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures. Good knowledge of English, grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty members, students, professional staff, administrators and vendors. Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion. Ability to adapt to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Good organizational and self-management skills. Ability to continue professional development. WORK ENVIRONMENT
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|