Business Connection TechnicianImOn Communications, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
ImOn Communications, a leading provider of data and communications services to businesses in Eastern Iowa, is expanding our fiber optic network to Dubuque, Iowa. ImOn’s dedicated 10-gigabit fiber business network will provide companies in Dubuque with access to a comprehensive portfolio of advanced communications services including, scalable and redundant broadband speeds of up to 10Gbps (10,000Mbps), along with point-to-point data transport and a full suite of voice services, including SIP trunking and Hosted PBX.
ImOn Communications is the new LOCAL choice for data and voice service in Dubuque. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the Dubuque area for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Business Connection Technician to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Business Connection Technician will perform basic and moderately advanced installations, disconnects and service changes for business customers for ImOn Communications. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair for services from the point of install to consumer's electronic devices.
Essential Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair ImOn Communications services for business customer´s including, as appropriate, all necessary wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot and repair for phone and data equipment.
- Educate customer on proper use of services
- Determine acceptability of service by using diagnostic software, performance testing tools or other appropriate methods of testing service; identify and repair leakage from the tap to the customer´s equipment.
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates; install additional outlets, and install or remove ImOn equipment; connect various options available with customer’s equipment per Company policy(s).
- Assure proper signal levels and quality on all services, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete
- Monitor and record system, drop and in house leakage; maintain records including daily longs, gas sheets, etc. as required; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc.
- Promote Internet and phone services; proper equipment usage, and other services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer feedback
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others though example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Routine and other maintenance on company provided truck
- Keep company provided truck clean
- Report any damages to company provided truck.
- Company provided tools are issued to employee and if lost damage or stolen need to be reported immediately for replacement.
We are looking for people with:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- NCTI or SCTE certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Iowa Drivers License and have a driving record that allows for you to be insured by ImOn’s insurance carrier.
- Familiarity with business data and phone equipment i.e Adtran and/or Calix equipment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be team-oriented, friendly and personable with strong focus on customer service.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k) and additional perks such as FREE vision and life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
Apply HERE today!