IT Systems GeneralistKunkel & Associates, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A rapidly growing insurance brokerage and consulting firm.
The IT Systems Generalist, under the direction of the Information Technology department leadership, maintains and develops the information technology systems, equipment, services, processes and procedures to ensure a continuity of systems and services to the organizations’ end users.
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
*Some Out of Hours - Evenings/Weekends
- Provide support and assistance to the Information Systems department leadership in any matters relating to the operation of the Information Systems department.
- Follow processes and procedures based on industry standards and best practices to provide timely technical support to ensure availability of information systems to end users.
- Build, configure and deploy computer systems to end users, including but not limited to, the installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user’s premises.
- Provide guidance to end users on the use of computer systems and installed applications.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve networking, hardware and software issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of servers, desktops and networking equipment (including the provision of periodic out of hours support on evenings and weekends for changes, maintenance and upgrades).
- Provide telephone, in person and online support to end-users for all technology and telecommunications issues, including any out of hours support necessary to ensure continuity of service.
- Assist in maintaining and enforcing guidelines, standards and procedures for the information technology systems.
- Support the development of the Information Systems department by assisting in the identification of new technology, systems, processes and procedures, and the periodic review of existing processes and procedures.
- Document changes to information systems hardware, software, processes and procedures.
- Load and modify/customize approved software packages such as operating systems, networking components and applications, following departmental processes and procedures.
- Participate in the design, selection and adoption of software and applications to develop skills, knowledge and improve productivity.
- Implement approved changes to application software to maintain current standards, correct problems, and/or modify or enhance applications functions.
- Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training will be provided but the ideal candidate would hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or applicable job experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to change, able to work proactively and independently
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Proactively diagnose and correct application software and improve operating performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Must have strong critical thinking, analytical, and complex problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both positive and negative situations
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work activities and action plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Intersted candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|