Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists end users to achieve effective use of personal computer, phones, printers, copiers, and fax machine hardware.
- Assists end users with basic use of general applications and operating system software.
- Assists end users with usage of all critical business and commercial applications software.
- Assists end users with basic use of our internal (LAN) and external (Internet) networks.
- Assists in using and maintaining all computer and data protection security and backup systems, applications, and services
- Uses Microsoft Active Directory to manage groups, users and computer accounts and permissions to access information resources.
- Acts as front-line, first responder to user’s reports of difficulties with our systems, applications or devices. Works with System Administrator, Operations Coordinator, Software Developers and outside services to identify, describe, troubleshoot and solve problems.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Performs daily responsibilities by practicing safe work habits and following all company work procedures and safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Understands personal computer hardware, operating systems and general applications.
- Understands basic networking devices, cabling, routing and addressing.
- Understands basic directory services using Microsoft Active Directory.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, training, time management and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively on a team.
- Very familiar with Microsoft systems and applications in general, especially competent in Windows systems and Office applications.
Experience and Education
- Associate or Technical School Degree.
- 3-5 years experience with computer hardware and software assisting end users in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Fast paced, office and temperature controlled manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to materials and noise levels, which are well within the acceptable limits set by Occupational Safety & Health Administration on an occasional basis.
- Personal protective equipment required as instructed.
- Occasional travel, after hours and weekend work required.
- Work is considered “Sedentary Work” with occasional “Light Work” and occasional “Medium Work” from the Physical Demand Definitions of the Dictionary of Occupational Titles according to the Department of Labor.
|Years of Experience||--|