Development OfficerWartburg Theological Seminary, Dubuque, IA
Wartburg Theological Seminary is one of eight theological schools of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Wartburg was established in Dubuque, Iowa in 1854 and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission. The seminary educates women and men to serve church and world as ordained and lay leaders.
- Serve as solicitor for up to 150 donors and prospects
- Coordinate staff and faculty giving campaign
- Assit with congregational engagement strategy
- Work closely with the Lead Development Officer and the Vice President for Development in setting goals and strategies for cultivation of assigned donors.
- Develop a work plan for cultivation strategies of assigned donor portfolio.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct effective and efficient individual donor meetings that result in increased donor engagement in the Wartburg mission.
- Provide written contact reports including summary of visits and next steps for follow-up.
- Facilitate Wartburg donor gatherings as needed to share the Wartburg story with a wider audience and build new potential donor relationships.
- Represent Wartburg Theological Seminary at congregational events and other church gatherings.
- Assist other institutional staff, as needed, with other Development activities, programs, and events.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s mission, programs, activities, and fundraising priorities.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of activities and outcomes.
- Engage cooperatively and proactively with other team members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BA degree required.
- Hold a degree from or have strong connection to Wartburg Seminary.
- CFRE preferred and/or advanced training in development science.
- 5 years related development experience with background in higher education advancement preferred.
- Understands and supports the mission of Wartburg Theological Seminary.
- Ability to travel while making efficient and effective use of time.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management background required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Self-starter with ability to think and work with little direct supervision.
- Well organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well with others as a team player.
Wartburg Theological Seminary recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||333 Wartburg Place|
Dubuque, IA 52003
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|