Development OfficerWartburg Theological Seminary, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Wartburg Theological Seminary is one of eight theological schools of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Wartburg was established in Dubuque, Iowa in 1854 and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission. The seminary educates women and men to serve church and world as ordained and lay leaders.
- Serve as primary solicitor for up to 75 donors and prospects.
- Lead strategy for digital donor engagement
- Lead strategy for increased congregational support
- Donor events
- Staff and faculty giving campaign
- Work closely with the Lead Development Officer and the Vice President for Development in setting goals and strategies for cultivation of assigned donors.
- Develop a work plan for cultivation strategies of assigned donor portfolio of major donors.
- Develop and lead engagement strategy for major donor and student support congregations.
- Develop and lead strategy for online and social media fundraising including management of technology related resources needed for effectiveness.
- Work closely with Director of Development and vendors to coordinate e-appeal appeals and messaging.
- Provide written contact reports including summary of visits and next steps for follow-up.
- Staff Wartburg donor gatherings to share Wartburg Theological Seminary’s story with a wider audience and build new potential donor relationships. Partner with volunteer alumni and/or current donors to invite new potential donors to gatherings.
- Represent Wartburg Theological Seminary at synodical assemblies and other church gatherings.
- Assist other institutional staff, as needed, with activities, programs, and events conducted under the auspices of the Development Office.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s mission, programs, activities, and fundraising priorities and be able to articulate needs to prospects persuasively
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of activities and outcomes.
- Engage cooperatively and proactively with other team members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BA degree required.
- 3-5 years related experience, prefer background in higher education institution
- Understands and supports the mission of Wartburg Theological Seminary.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Advanced relationship skills for individual personal donor engagement.
- Proficiency in social media marketing and digital platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management background required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Self-starter with ability to think and work with little direct supervision.
- Well organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well with others as a team player.
This listing has expired
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|