Quality Assurance TechnicianSedona Staffing Services, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Dubuque, IA area
Shift: 1st Shift / Days
Wage: $13 - $15/ hour (starting wage)
Duration: 6+ months
Sedona Staffing Services is teaming up with a local warehouse in the Dubuque area seeking a Quality Assurance Technician. This position will be 6+ months in duration, running approximately February – September 2018. Previous Quality Assurance in a food grade facility is preferred, but not required.
- This role is expected to conduct accurate grading and documentation of product quality against published product specifications.
- Maintain quality objectives, prevent complaints and claims and keep quality to specifications through accurate inspections, non-compliance procedures, appropriate reporting, corrective actions and accuracy of paperwork along with sample submissions.
- Routine verifications and inspections include process, metal detector, cooking, and chilling type checks.
- Responsible for catching out of specification product by stopping the production process or removing product for rework as required.
- Works with other departments to implement procedure changes, based on predetermined specifications, involving raw materials and finished goods to remedy the cause of any non-compliance as quickly as possible.
- Ability to interpret customer and sales specifications and apply subjective quality decisions to product (ie: product appearance, color, texture, etc).
- Required to take action in response to poor observations by identifying and correcting deficiencies for negative micro or shelf life data in their area of responsibility with an eye toward improvement.
What we need from you:
- Associates degree in Food Science (preferred)
- 2+ years related experience (preferred)
- Ability to create, revise and interpret technical documents such as quality specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles & food science
- A high level of practical knowledge of all Quality Assurance and regulatory programs
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to work on the internet, Spreadsheet, Presentation and Word Processing software. (Microsoft Office)
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of USDA Rules and Regulations
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit a copy of your resume to: Brian | firstname.lastname@example.org | 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
Food and Beverage
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|