Behavior Assistant-PRNHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
The Behavior Assistant works one-on-one with individuals with autism, providing applied behavior analysis services. This work includes teaching clients new skills to increase positive behaviors such as communication and daily routines. Technicians also apply interventions to treat challenging behaviors in a positive way. Currently, staff work with clients ranging from children to youth. Services are provided in an educational environment through various districts in Dubuque and the surrounding area. Behavior Assistants strive to build meaningful lives for their clients by increasing independence and inclusion in all school, home, and community activities.
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Behavior Assistant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology or Social Work.
- A minimum of three months experience resulting in an established clinical background in the treatment of children with Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledgeable in area of school curriculum, especially Strategies for Teaching Based on Autism Research (STAR).
- Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software.
- Experience with services and resources available within the community for families and children, strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds is required.
- Valid driver’s license.
For more information or to apply, please visit
or send resumes to:
Hills & Dales
c/o Human Resources
1011 Davis Street
Dubuque, IA 52001
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|