ControllerInnovative Ag Services, Monticello, IA
This listing has expired
Join the winning team at Innovative Ag Services! IAS is hiring a Controller at our Monticello, IA Location. This is a key role Essential to the Success of Innovative Ag Services.
Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 32 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa.
Primary Objective: Assist the CFO in developing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems to accurately and timely manage the financial operations. Must have solid communication, technology, analytical and proven people and project management skills.
Areas of Accountability:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all data necessary for accurate consolidated business results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Providing management with insightful information and sound advice for decision making processes.
- Manage the budget process.
- Asses the current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Developing and monitoring business performance and risk metrics.
- Administer and maintain quality internal controls throughout organization.
- Responsible for completion of several insurance, banking, and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Coordinate divisions financial audits and assist with state and federal examinations.
- Supervise, develop and mentor accounting staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BA in Accounting and/or equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in controller position.
- Experience in management, development, and mentoring of employees.
- Strong interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organization, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a strong attention to detail and work prioritization.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, creative and innovative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SQL or equivalent query tools. Embraces technology and effectively applies it as appropriate to automate and streamline processes.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills, which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or, on occasion, carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
IAS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply online go to: