CIS Helpdesk TechnicianNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
- Answer calls to the college Computer Helpdesk.
- Determine the nature of problems, log the details of problems, help users resolve problems whenever possible, and refer problems to the appropriate CIS staff as required.
- Track problem resolution progress; keep in contact with the users who reported the problems, and log solutions.
- Provide individualized new employee orientation to computer and phone system.
Campus and Center Technical Support
- Assist campus Network Technician with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of networked and portable computers, and mobile and peripheral devices, at Campuses and associated Centers.
- Maintain parts and supplies for computer and printing systems, and records associated with same.
- Assist campus Network Technician with software troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance on notebook computers.
1. Knowledge of PC hardware and software, with the ability to learn NICC’s system.
2. Competent in record keeping skills.
3. Excellent personal relations skills.
4. Exemplary customer service skills, verbal and written.
5. Able to resolve users’ problems by troubleshooting and delivering a useful solution.
6. Associate degree in computer technology, computer operations, or equivalent relevant experience.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|