Customer Service RepresentativeFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Answer incoming phone calls, and determine the nature of the inquiry.
Respond to the inquiry by either
- Relaying the information the customer wants
- Ask probing questions to determine the root of the situation/inquiry
- Referring the customer to a more appropriate source of information.
Acquire information from one or more of the following sources:
- E10, Order Power and CRM
- ESAPCO catalogs and reference books
- Vendor catalogs and reference books
- A knowledgeable person within the company or the vendor
- An internet source
- An example of the product
Remain organized to ensure issues are addressed in a timely fashion and customers are updated regularly should the issue not be resolved in one call.
Remain calm while talking with upset customers.
De-escalate the situation by calming the customer and focusing on a resolution to the situation.
Accurately document inquires or situations on customer accounts.
Present possible solutions regarding common customer complaints to the Customer Service Manager.
Follow documented policies and procedures in resolving issues, problems or complaints.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of sales and customer service techniques
- Ability to communicate with customers under all sorts of conditions
- Ability to use computer systems to solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to research problems and discover information
- Ability to use complex computer systems
- Skill in appeasing difficult or angry customers
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma and 4 years of customer service experience is required.
The ability to read and write at a 12th grade level, a personality suited to sustained interaction with angry and emotional people, and four years of experience in customer service activities.
The person in this position needs continuous training in company policies and procedures, company computer systems, and tools and techniques used to facilitate customer service.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|