MRI Tech full-time (72 hours per pay period)Grant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility ready to break ground with an expansion to better meet the needs of the patients we serve in our service area. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
Full-time .90 FTE (72 hours per pay period), shifts varying between start time of 7:00 a.m. and ending time of 5:00 p.m. Future weekend and holiday on-call hours possible. Flexibility to work other scheduled hours is required. Department hours are 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Benefit eligible position. Response time is 30 minutes.
Duties would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Operate MRI equipment to produce quality MRI’s of the body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by Radiologist.
- Position patient on examining table and adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified areas of body requested by physician
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation
- Maintain patient records, monitor equipment functions monitor patients while thy are being scanned, and ensure the image captured is clear and readable
- Follow specific procedures to ensure your safety and the safety of other workers and patients
- Function as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Operate radiographic equipment to produce quality radiographs of body for diagnostic purpose, as directed by Radiologist.
- Practices radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of applicable exposure factors to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- May operate mobile radiographic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Maintain a positive and professional atmosphere for patients.
- Transfer and properly position patients for examinations and provide immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Select and operate equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient bases.
- Use film markers correctly and consistently.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations. Assist in performing first aid as necessary.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevents cross-contamination. Maintain orderliness and cleanliness.
- Secure and return supplies and maintains room stock.
- Report equipment failure to supervisor using proper forms and maintaining appropriate records.
- Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures. In the absence of the supervisor or senior technologist, may be designated as acting supervisor.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained
Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a MRI Technologist
Current State of Wisconsin license as a Licensed Radiographer
Current CPR certification
Previous MRI Technologist Experience Required
Knowledge of anatomy; including cross-sectional anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|