Maintenance Manager **Direct Hire**EXPRESS Employment Professionals, Platteville, WI
On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
**This is a Direct Hire Position**
Responsible to ensure the entire plant is running smoothly, in a safe and productive manner. Focus on production, quality, safety and people. Identifies, investigates, and works to solve any problems that arise. Works closely with plant personnel over any maintenance concerns. Will supervise the maintenance team and assist in tasks when needed. Lead the team in effective decision making in regards to safety, production, and goals of the plant. Maintain, repair, and keep downtime to a minimum of all manufacturing equipment to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the entire site. Will manage 1 Assistant Maintenance Manger, 4 Maintenance Supervisors and 25 or more Maintenance Technicians, depending on work load
- Will make sure that the Maintenance is providing a good service to the departments by answering line calls right away, Making sure that all breakdowns are getting fixed in a timely manner.
- Monitor breakdowns and develop preventive maintenance program to reduce them
- Make sure that parts room has the necessary critical spare parts in inventory
- Develop and maintain library for all the equipment in the department to have all manuals and setup parameters available to the mechanics
- Develop trouble shooting procedures to get repairs completed faster
- Look for ways to improve skills of the Maintenance department, plan training, etc.
- Organize work for the Supervisors and Mechanics to be as efficient as possible and have a minimum of overtime,
- Analyze breakdowns to evaluate machine modification or replacement needs
- Meet with department managers twice a day for work order priorities, to review breakdowns ... (when you get in and before you leave)
- Meet with the supervisors & mechanics daily for work order priorities, to review breakdowns and weekly to review issues, safety policies, GMP policies, department meeting minutes, expenses, efficiencies
- Conduct rounds in the plant at least 3 times a day to makes sure everything is running as supposed to, monitor work being done by mechanics, look for machine improvement, building repair needs, safety issues, GMP issues, product losses, energy savings
- Keep the maintenance department clean (daily cleanup for each shift)
- Monitor the expenses daily and make sure that department stay under budget, daily & weekly report are done, write weekly report for expenses if over budget.
- Write weekly report explaining all the major breakdowns
- Make sure that the chain of command is respected, mechanics will notify the Maintenance Supervisor on shift after 15 minutes and the Supervisor will notify the Assistant Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Manager after 1 hour of machine breakdown
- Make sure that you leave at the end of your shift only if things are under control, all breakdowns are either fixed or organized to be fixed for the next production day. In that case Assistant Plant Manager or Plant Manager has to be aware before you leave the plant
- Will be part of the weekend coverage
- Will do other work as assigned by manager
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school
- Four to five years of experience in the managing of a maintenance department,
- Two to three years in the food industry, dairy preferred.
- CMMS software
- Electrical schematic reading
- P&ID reading
- USDA regulation / Food safety
- Ability to work well with others and possesses strong personal qualities
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Displays good math, technical, and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|