Account ServicesGreat River Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Position Title: Account Services
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt, Regular, “At Will” Work Status
Reports To: Practice Administrator
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Sitting 80%
- Standing/walking 20%
- Moderate noise levels from Medical and Surgical equipment
- Medical, office, and lab setting
- Exceptional hand dexterity and typing skills to work with standard software programs provided.
- Good Mathematical aptitude in order to prepare and interpret financial reports, collect and track payments and account balances, and maintain financial integrity for the practice.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for computer data entry and the preparation of treatment plans.
Position Summary: Primary responsibilities are to implement the day-to-day operations of the GROMS’ Account Insurance and Billing Services with exceptional customer service. Secondary responsibilities are to provide clerical and non-clerical services to GROMS’ patients, act as the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon’s representative to referral offices, and to support the office function by providing clerical and administrative duties.
- Post daily activity to patient accounts, including account charges and account payments.
- Assist with preparation of the daily deposit and deliver deposit to bank.
- Facilitate insurance claim submission, including prior authorizations. Maintain CDT and ICD-10 coding competency.
- Proactively assist GROMS patients with all related insurance and billing matters utilizing superior customer service. Provide financial consultation services for patients prior to surgical procedures and assist patients with maximizing insurance coverage.
- Implement GROMS’ billing and collection policies and procedures.
- Generate monthly patient account statements and proactively assist GROMS patients with questions about statements.
- Provide superior customer service consistent with the mission and values of GROMS.
- Implement and monitor electronic billing and statement processing.
- Maintain WINOMS competency.
- Participate in educational experiences based on identified needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Practice Administrator to achieve the practice goals.
- Implement Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities and assist with the collection of data for activities needing attention.
- Participate fully with all compliance activities and take responsibility for reporting improprieties to management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, doctors, employees, and visitors to GROMS. Discuss employees, patients, clinical and hospital information with appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Maintain good rapport and cooperative relationships; Approach conflict in a constructive manner. Identify problems, offer solutions and participate in their resolution.
- Implement daily non-clinical services to patients. These services include, but are not limited to: communication with patients and referral practitioners, appointment management, data gathering, chart building, radiograph management, recall system management, financial policies and procedures implementation.
- Implement daily clerical duties. These services include, but are not limited to: communication system management, correspondence and dictation management, implementation of chart management policies and procedures, and implementation of operative, pathology and hospital communication policies and procedures.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Must be detail oriented in order to maintain good financial practices, account balances, and financial reporting.
- You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
- Must demonstrate active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Communication skills to initiate and maintain superior customer service.
- Basic Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with doctors and coworkers.
- Analytical skills to perform principal duties and responsibilities.
Experience and Education:
Education: Minimum, completion of high school education. Post graduate education preferred.
Experience: At least one-year billing and collection experience in the medical/ dental field. General accounting experience preferred.
Job offer may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.