Production/Material PlannerA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production/Material Planner. This position will maintain proper levels of finished goods and work in process inventories for multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities.
- Maintain proper levels of finish good and work in process inventories as directed by the sales and operations planning process through the use of the Epicor ERP software. Review and convert planned jobs into firm jobs as generated through MRP. Place purchase orders as required based on the demand for finished goods and component parts. This includes reviewing forecast accuracy, production and stocking plant locations, lead-times, etc. and establishing purchase order quantities and required delivery dates; verifying available components and expediting as necessary; and releasing and scheduling production orders to the shop floor at the Dubuque, Albia and Tennessee manufacturing facilities.
- Formulate spreadsheets as required to tabulate and track finished goods and work in process data. Track component usage on new items where historical data is not yet available.
- Take accountability for assigned products from raw material to finished goods. This may include direct contact with vendors, foundry or production floor to prioritize or expedite needed materials.
- Review various product classes and identify those items requiring priority planning.
- Review and implement engineering change orders for new and revised components. Serve as a member of change order team to aid in the faster execution of the desired changes.
- Provide backup support to other Production /Material Planners.
- Bachelor's degree plus six to twelve months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with an ERP software system is preferred.
Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume.
Health and drug screen required
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|