Safety InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI Sun Prairie, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Safety Coordinator Internship will begin in June and end in December 2017. We have 1 position available in Monroe, WI and 1 position available in Sun Prairie, WI.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
The Safety Coordinator Intern has the responsibility of coordinating the safety training programs within the Fulfillment department under the direction of the Corporate Safety Department and the Facility Manager. This will include the development, implementation, and monitoring of the corporate Safety programs within the facility. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the facility has implemented the required elements of the corporate safety programs and accident reduction programs. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Investigating accidents in order to provide information to the Safety Department and Facility Safety Representative.
- Conducing reviews of the company’s safety policies and procedures
- Assisting the Corporate Safety Department and Facility Safety Representative with the implementation and compliance of applicable OSHA programs
- Performing the Safety portion of new employee orientations
- Performing Job Safety Analysis on specific jobs to minimize the risk of these potential safety hazards
What it Takes:
We are currently looking for highly driven students pursing a degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Safety Management or related majors with above average communication skills, both oral and written form. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of forklift safety procedures and experience training groups of people. In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations and other safety-related procedures
- Able to communicate with a variety of personality types
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.