Community Trainer (Job Coach)Area Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Seeking an independent candidate who will be responsible for overseeing the program and production activities in an off-site vocational program area within the community. This position is in charge of training, instructing and supervising individuals to work in a normal societal setting, including social and behavioral skills.
- Assesses, trains, and supervises individuals with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities in the skills and behaviors necessary to work, live, and recreate in integrated work and residential settings.
- Advocates for individuals and supports and instructs individuals to appropriately advocate for themselves in everyday situations, including work.
- Builds positive relationships with employers that allow for natural supports to be utilized by the individual in community work situations.
- Works with agency staff and the employer to meet the needs of both the consumer and the employer through practical accommodations on the job (e.g. visual task cards, color-coding, etc.).
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior.
- Records data and contact notes on each service session according to agency procedure.
- Has an awareness of travel options in the Dubuque community, assisting individuals to learn to use the transportation systems as independently as possible.
- Constantly monitors the safety conditions in each individual’s environment.
- Manages the stress associated with training and caring for individuals who may occasionally exhibit aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors without immediate additional trained staff support.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individual’s concerns, needs, and schedules. Is able to work well with a variety of personalities and in a variety of situations.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with agency staff, members of the community, business professionals and employees of other businesses, service providers, and consumers.
High school diploma/G.E.D. Six months of relevant work experience. Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria. Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training. Requires completion of employment training course within 6 months of hire. Must be able to work in an environment with variable scheduling and working conditions.
This is a part time position with hours varying between first and second shift, depending on current employment of the individuals we serve. Some weekends may be required.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|