REOPENED MID 2009
A new era begins for the Julien Inn, now renamed Hotel Julien Dubuque.
For over 150 years this historic hotel has served as the standard of excellence for hospitality in the region. And now, this family owned property has undergone a $30+ million renovation. Guests will experience the grandeur of the past, while enjoying the very finest in service and accommodations.
Hotel Julien Dubuque ~ Caroline's Restaurant
Riverboat Lounge ~ Potosa Spa
Hotel Julien Dubuque is seeking an experienced Director of Sales. We are searching for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with full-service hotel sales manager experience. The position requires a high level of professionalism, guest service / hospitality skills, strong multi-tasking capabilities, computer literacy and detail orientation. To be successful you must possess organizational and time management skills. This individual must possess strong communication skills - both written and orally. Required, will be the ability to demonstrate strong sales presentation skills, in individual or group settings, as well as exercising clear communication of guest's needs to our operations departments. In addition, managing and maintaining an accurate and current data base will be a standard expectation of the position.
- Leads the sales department with goals and communication to effectively manage the business of the sales department.
- Assist in the coordination of marketing efforts to ensure exposure of brand is consistent and well represented.
- Work with the General Manager to establish a rate structure that will demonstrate the most profitability.
- Effectively communicate to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the client’s needs.
- Monitor contractual agreements pertaining to room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions.
- Solicits account leads from group meeting/event planners and decision makers for cultivation and development that fulfill sales goals of the position and the department.
- Assists General Manager in the development of annual sales plan and strategy to meet and goals.
- Assists the General Manager in managing and negotiating account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Communicates and plans for operations departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Leads site inspections/tours with customers, entertains and performs outside sales calls to develop leads.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Knowledge of RevCaster, Caterease, Micros, and Lodgical helpful
Our company culture fosters teamwork, the true spirit of hospitality, and individual entrepreneurism. We deliver the best service, quality, hospitality, and value to every guest every time - the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and our guests to be beyond satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people available and provide a competitive benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to
Dwight Hopfauf, General Manager at GM@HotelJulienDubuque.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||200 Main Street|
|Apply by Mail:||200 Main Street|
DUBUQUE, IA 52001
|Apply by Fax:||563-582-5023|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|