Manufacturing ManagerSedona Staffing Services, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Manufacturing Area Manager
Location: Manchester, IA
Salary: $75k - $85k / year
Status: Direct Hire Opportunity
The Manufacturing Area Manager, under management direction, is responsible for the organization and implementation of plans, procedures, and policies necessary to maximize utilization of resources in line within specified area to achieve plant goals. Incorporate core values of safety, quality, and employee relations.
What you get to do:
- Supervises Manufacturing Supervisors with respect to production, distribution, volume, cost, quality, and achievement of production plans.
- Assures, through Manufacturing Supervisors, good employee relations. May conduct employee meetings, approves requisitions, promotions, merit increases, transfers, and discipline.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of both Manufacturing Supervisors and production employees. Assures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- In conjunction with Manufacturing Supervisors, establishes goals and objectives for assigned departments for review by Plant Manager and Operations Manager. Administers the goal setting/performance appraisal program for the area.
- Responsible for selection, hiring, and development of Manufacturing Supervisors. Recommends merit increases, promotions, and transfers.
- Coordinates activities within his area with those of other production areas, plant staff managers, and divisional leaders. In conjunction with Production Control may develop weekly schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Assures compliance with company and plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in base plan presentation. Continuously reviews ongoing performance within area of responsibility and takes action to assure achievement of goals.
- Responsible for cost reduction initiatives with focuses in scrap reduction and departmental uptime.
- Recommends improvements in equipment and processes. Coordinates, manages, and evaluates the installation of new equipment or processes in area of responsibility.
- Assures proper maintenance of machines and equipment in area of responsibility. Coordinates longer term planning for major maintenance projects.
- Assures compliance with quality and process specifications.
- Maintains the security of products and assets in area of responsibility.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3+ years’ managing employees.
- Experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda Saylor | email@example.com | 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.